Friday, August 22, 2008

IMPROVEMENT STARTS AT HOME

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
Boomer came by the other day for one of his chats. He was a little upset and a little peeved with his sister, Clymenestra the activist.
"Uncle Bo, I really don't know what Clymenestra wants out of life but she is pretty sure she don't have it. She's always upset about how things are goin' in the world and she's always complainin'. She borrowed my guitar and started tryin' to write songs to make her point, though I'm not sure even she is sure what her point is."
I asked him, "Do you mean Clymenestra has been composin' music?"
He shook his head, "Sounds more like it's decomposin' to me."
"Well, I guess there ain't much harm in tryin' to make the world a better place."
Boomer just looked at the floor and shook his head, "I reckon it's a big enough job trying to make myself a better person and I figure if everybody did that the world would take care of itself."
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. I hope I'm still around to vote for that boy when he gets old enough to be president.
Ya'll send me an email:bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com
To watch my movies just click on the BO LUMPKIN MOVIES the top right corner of this page. Right above my picture

2 comments:

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo