Friday, July 24, 2009

SPECIAL REPLY TO READER QUESTION




Dear Hank,My son's truck has 2 flats and a flat spare. Is it really totaled or could it be fixed?My husband seems to think it is beyond repair.Please advise.
Just Asking from Abbeville
Dear Just,
These matters are a little more complicated some times. If your son has a real good job and is paying his own way you should jack it up and put a new truck under it.
If he is still at home and not workin' you might just want to tell him again about how you used to have to walk 5 miles to school in the snow, uphill both ways. You kin also tell him about your first vehicle, a bicycle, that you used to ride on your 15 mile paper route every day. By the time you get through telling all these sad tales he might just get tired of hearing it and learn how to use a plug and an air compressor.
Hank

3 comments:

  1. ah the good ol days. just don't get no better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Hank,

    Thanks for your reply. I took your advise and just as I was telling about getting off from work at 12:00am and it was snowing and had to get under blue mercury with back windshield that rolled down with a button up front, and use a steal rod (a tire iron I think) to knock it in reverse. Large men stopped to ask me if they could help. I said UMPH and the rod said cling and I said,"no I've got it". And got out from under the car and drove off. Son and hubby had a pained look on their face that I mistook as sympathy and went and changed and fixed 2 out of 3 of the flats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sh,

    I thought that might work.
    Hank
    PS

    Be careful about looking for sympathy. I think you find it in the dictionary somewhere between stupid and sychosis.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo