Wednesday, July 29, 2009

CPR7

FOOTBALL'S COMING

Hi, R.E. Cline here with your Couch Potato Report. Usually it summer is a slow time with mostly golf and a little baseball but this summer has been a little different. I didn't say better just different.
There has been a lot of news and specials with all the well known people passing on and such. It is sad to see anyone die but when someone like Michael Jackson can't handle reality and takes too many drugs he shouldn't be idolized.
I would say the world will miss Walter Cronkite but we have been missing him since he retired and the spin doctors took over the news to push their liberal agenda. I don't want them to push the conservative agenda either. Here's an idea, just report the what happened and give the whole story and don't try to tell us how we should feel about it.
I reckon that could go for the president too. He is not doing such a good job on this economy thing that he should be advising local police departments on how to do their job. Here's just a thought I had, if I lock myself out and have to break into my house and someone calls the police I will gladly show him my ID, tell him anything he wants to know (in a very polite way) and even go down to the police station if he wants me to and then I will thank him for watching out for crime in my neighborhood. The way I usually handle any misunderstanding with the police is with a very nice attitude and I think that is why I haven't wound up on the NEWS.
What I haven't heard on the News is that they are forming a new Football League. The UFL is supposed to start play in October and I had to stumble across it on the internet to even be aware of it. Maybe Michael Vick and Brett Farve will both be playing after all. They are going to play on Thursday and Friday and I hope someone at the networks is smart enough to know that if they broadcast these games they will get a lot more viewers than with the garbage they have on now.
I'm R.E. Cline and if I was running a network there would be more Football, less coverage of celebrities that I never liked and the next News Anchor I hired better have the standards of Walter Cronkite or he would be gone.

1 comment:

  1. dang re, you been thankin. but I reckon you 'bout got it right. now, what can we do about it. I completely gave up watching the news. Whatcha thank about all these emails that we are supposed to sign to go somewhere to somebody that can help. And where the heck is Trent Lott when we need him. So Dickie Scruggs was his brother-in-law, if he had done much wrong these so-called newshounds would have told it by now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo