Saturday, February 14, 2009

I've Been Wonderin'

As most of ya'll know I missed getting to put some things on here and Steve Ganshert posted them on his Rambler blog for me. Over the next few weeks I will be posting those things on here on the weekends. I just want to try to get them all on this blog. I will put a notice on here for when that happens.


Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been wonderin' about some things.

You know when you spend a whole lot of time thinkin' you are bound to wind up wonderin'(and wanderin') some too.
Since basketball season has started I've noticed a disturbin' trend on the court. A whole bunch of them young men have more tattoos than is real reasonable. I was wonderin' if they couldn't cut down on that a little if they started callin' a technical foul on a team for havin' too many tattoes on the court at one time.
I was readin' the paper the other day and I read about a trial where they were going to sequester (that means lock 'em up. You can look that up in your Funk and Wagonels) the jury. I was wonderin' if the founding fathers ever thought that there would be trials where they locked up the jury while the defendant was out on bail.
I read where someone else was wonderin' what was happening to the local newspapers and why they were going out of business. That's one I can answer. There ain't nothin' in 'em that's fun to read no more. Most of the local weekly's don't have comics. Lewis Grizard and Mike Royko passed on and all the fun writers are writin' on the internet. They don't even put in the local community news anymore. Ya'll remember that don't you. They would put in about people visitin' and about community gatherings and usually ended with ...and a good time was had by all.
Most folks like me get tired of readin' about the county government and the city council and all that. If you read the obituaries in a local paper it don't help you none because by the time you read it the funeral is over and if you didn't already know about it you missed it.
They do cover the local sports but that don't make much sense either. When it comes to High School and Youth Sports activities everybody who is interested (that means has a youngun or grandyoungan playin') should have been at the game so they don't need to read about it.
I reckon that I was wonderin' about that too, why don't they gather up some local talent and put some stuff in there that folks want to read?
I will have to admit though that we have a pretty good paper here in Gatorhead and I hope to show you some issues of that later on. Over at the Kudzu Kounty Kronicle they still put in the good stuff. The news is even fun to read because if there ain't no news, they'll make somethin' up.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. (That leads to wonderin' and then that leads to wanderin' and I've wandered enough.) Whatchall been wonderin' or thinkin' about? Write me an email or leave a comment at bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo