Tuesday, July 22, 2008

WATCH OUT FOR PRESBYTERIANS

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. Boomer, thats Lonzo and Maybelle's 8 year old son, comes by to chat with me on a regular basis. I always enjoy Boomer because he is exceptionally bright and loves to talk. He gives me about as much to think about as anyone I know.

Boomer got a new bicycle and he has got to where he can ride it real good around their place but he wants to be able to ride to the store and venture out a little more. Maybelle told him he needed to take a safety course before she would let him leave their property on the bicycle.

They give the safety courses at the community center every summer and Boomer had been looking forward to the day for awhile. He was intent on passing the course so that he could venture away from home on his bicycle so he paid strict attention to everything in order to be able to pass the course.

They covered everything from wearing a helment to watching out for traffic. The teacher told them that they needed to be courteous and especially watch out for pedestrians.

Boomer did real good on the test and got his certificate came by to show it off. He was riding his bicycle when he got there. He sat down on the porch and was telling me all about the safety class, almost like he was planning on teaching the next session. He was doing real fine until he got to the part about the pedistrians.

"You really need to be courteous," he said, "And you always have to be careful not to run over any Presbyterians."

I reckon the Baptist and the Methodist would appreciate the same consideration if they happened to be walking along at the same time as the Presbyterians.

I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'
Ya'll write to mebo@bolumpkin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo