Monday, July 7, 2008

PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin.
All of us are decendents of immigrants unless we are American Indians. I still have a problem of calling them Native Americans because I consider myself a Native American. I was born here and I ain't never been nowhere else and I figure that makes me about as native as you can get.
My point is that America has been a melting pot since the first bunch came over from Europe. That is really not a problem. The problem is we all need a common language and I figure since the biggest portion of us have been speaking English (or some variation thereof) since the Pilgrims landed that English should be the common language in the United States. Just to illustrate that fact let me tell you what happened to Lonzo.
Lonzo took sick on the weekend when Doc Cutter's office was closed and had to go into the city to the emergency room. He was laying there when a Doctor from India walked in with an hispanic nurse and an oriental x-ray technician. They were all asking him questions and he couldn't understand a word they were saying. There was a call button there to the nurses desk, because sometimes they leave you in there by yourself for awhile, and Lonzo pressed the call button.
A nurses voice came over the speaker and said, "Can I help you?"
Lonzo answered, "Yes, I was just trying to press one for English!"
I don't care how smart someone is, if you can't understand a word they are saying it don't help much.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'

Ya'll write, I'd really like to hear from you,
bo@bolumpkin or bolumpkin@gmail.com

Watch my latest movie:
http://www.motionbox.com/filings?folder_id=6124513

Watch my other movies:
http://www.motionbox.com/folders?user_id=ec98dbb9151ee761

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo