Thursday, July 17, 2008

SOME TIMES YOU JUST NEED A YOOHOO

Hi I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

I was over at the Grab Sum Grub, a combination Quick Shop, Resturant, Bait Shop, Video Store, Gas Station and Post Office, the other day and I went over to the cooler and got me a Yoohoo. One of those chocolate drinks in a bottle and sat down at the table to rest a spell and refresh myself.

Parker, who owns the Grab Sum Grub with his wife Maudine came over to the table and sat down with me. "Seein' you drinking that Yoohoo reminds me of something that happened to my daughter and her husband last time they came down for a visit. It's a pretty long ride and Bob and Charlene were already tired but at least they weren't as cranky as Penelope. Penelope is my five year old grandaughter," he said. He was smilin' the way only a grandpa can smile when he talks about his grandyounguns and he continued,"Little Penny had done whined and complained about the trip and asked when they would be there until she began to get on Charlene's nerves. You know how that goes, Charlene and little Penny had begun to fuss and argue and that was getting on Bob's nerves. Finally Charlene told Penny that she had better get in a better mood."

"Penny just looked her in the eye and said,'I'd be in a whole lot better mood if somebody would stop and get me a Yoohoo." Parker laughed and continued, "Sure enough Bob pulled off at the next exit and went in and got her a Yoohoo and they didn't have another word out of her the whole trip."

As I sat there and enjoyed my Yoohoo I thought of all the problems in the world that might be solved if people would just stop and get them a Yoohoo. If President Kennedy had bought a couple of Yoohoos and sat down with Kruschev that whole Cold War episode might have been avoided. When Bush and Al Gore tied in Florida and the election was put on hold for so long if they had just set down and had a Yoohoo a lot of that confusion could have been avoided. Next time they have peace talks in the middle east they might all need to sit down and have a Yoohoo together and they just might get that mess over there straightened out.

I don't know about everyone else, but I just drank my Yoohoo that day and I've been in a little better mood ever since.

I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

Ya'll write me sometime bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@g-mail.com

Watch my movies:
http://www.motionbox.com/folders?user_id=ec98dbb9151ee761

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo