Monday, April 19, 2010

WE NEED TO TALK

Do you think the world might be a better place if we all reacted to unexpected news with the calm that Buster does?

NOTE: I went with a new schedule in hopes of building my audience and I must say that the response has been underwhelming. I might be oversaturating my sites with my humor and if you think that is true I would appreciate any comments.

I am going to do as I promised and keep this schedule for at least another three weeks but if interest doesn't increase I will probably put the Gatorhead site on hiatus and then drop back to a 5 day schedule. Okay I'm having a pity party but I am doing this just for fun. So far I haven't made one dime and it just ain't all that fun if people don't read it. I am working on some moneymaking projects now (I am going to print my comics and sell them door to door or stand on the street corner and try to sell them or something) and if traffic to the Bo Lumpkin site doesn't pick up I will be spending less time with it.

I would be obliged to you for your suggestions and even your critical comments.

There will be a new comic on Gatorhead Mon-Wed-Fri this week.


More Rednecks. More Fun.

4 comments:

  1. I think you are a beast between the two sites. I know I couldn't keep up with that schedule.

    I love the insight of both the Gatorhead and the Bo Lumpkin cartoons. I don't think anyone would blame you for either bringing them both together on one site so you limit your updating to 5 days a week so you aren't killing yourself.

    You talk about monetizing. Are you trying to do that? What about project wonderful and have you thought about making some sayings and putting them on a tshirt in a POD like zazzle??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bearman, Bo - 5 days a week is an amazing accomplishment! I can barely handle 3 (and on only one site)!

    I wish I had better advise for you on the monetizing front. I've kinda' given up on that. I'm just trying to learn all I can at this point. That way my next project will surly have tens of readers. AND make thousands. Of cents. A year. Maybe. I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy is so work-with-able. :)

    Now, as for you and the future, my dear friend, Bo, I am proud of you for doing your cartoons as much as you can. I know it can be daunting to work so hard and not know for sure how many people are reading and enjoying your efforts.

    That was one of the reasons I initially cut back. I felt that I was wasting the weekends. Now, clearly in hindsight, I see that people were reading, it's just that they weren't commenting as much. I may re-increase, but I'll try it in a different fashion.

    Do what feels comfortable to you, Bo. You're the one putting in all of this hard work. I, for one, thoroughly love it, but I assume you want more fans than just me. :)

    Try some of the project wonderful stuff, go visit some new sites, talk to your local newspapers (a site like yours that's family-friendly would be news). Get some rest and rev back up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you. Your words are definitly encouraging and you can consider my little pity party officially ended. Even during my little period of self pity I created some new characters and came up with a new adventure for Hank, Buster, and Shirley. Coming Soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo