Monday, June 1, 2009

YOU DID GOOD

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. Sometimes when kids are tryin' to please their parents they get a little over enthused.
Ludlow works over at the Gatorhead Feed and Seed Store and he said Bodie Barlow came to town the other day for a load of feed. He had his wife and several of his younguns with him. They went down to Grab Some Grub for a few groceries and other supplies while Ludlow was loading the feed on the truck. Bodie had a cage full of chickens in the back of his truck and Ludlow set it out before he loaded the feed.
When Bodie and his family came back the truck was loaded but there wasn't enough room for all the family and the cage full of chickens so he just had his oldest boy to carry the cage full of chickens home.
It was gettin' awful late and Bodie was standin' on the porch waitin' on the boy when he finally come up the road with the cage. There is some debate whether Bodie was more concerned about his boy or about the chickens.
Bodie called out to him, "What took you so long gettin' home boy?"
"I'm sorry paw but the door on the cage come open and they got out but it's okay," he said, "I chased 'em down and I finally caught all 12 of 'em."
Bodie just grinned and said, "I reckon you done real good boy because there weren't but 7 chickens in there when you started out."
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. Whatchall been thinkin'? Leave me a comment or send me an email to bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com. I sure would like to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. the worse they act the more praise they need. 'course it's hard to find something to praise sometimes. ex: thank you for not letting your little brother step in the glass after you broke the window. that was mighty sweet of you to get the tonka truck off your brother after you pushed him down the hill in it. thank you for leaving the end of the toilet paper in the bathroom as you unrolled the rest if it all over the house to make a road for your cars.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo