Tuesday, June 30, 2009

WHERE IS MY HORSE?

Hi yall, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
I'm on the mend from having my arteries roto-rooted out at St. Domonic hospital. I was supposed to go to Baptist Hospital but they were booked up and my doctor uses both places and he said he could get to me early at St. Dominic. I just want to say thanks to the nurses and all the staff at ST. Domonic. I've had a lot of hospital stays but they were the nicest friendliest people I have ever met in the medical profession and they made my stay so much better than it could have been.
I am doing well and recuperatin'. I have been away from the internet for a few days and my production has been down during my recovery but the procedure has worked wonders. Sometimes you don't know how bad you have been feelin' till you get to feelin' better.
I don't like takin' mind alterin' drugs, even for surgery. There have been times when I have come out of a procedure and said embarrasin' things. I have developed a phobia about that and was thinkin' real hard about it when they were puttin' me under. I though that it would be better if I could just come out with a clear head and say something funny. I decided that If I was awake real good I would say, "Who are you people, and where is my horse?"
My wife and daughter were in the room when I came out and I was still asleep and they were goin' to go get some lunch. My daughter came into the room and I was not awake yet but in my sleep I said it. I said,"Who are you people and where is my horse?"
She was almost afraid to leave me because she was afraid I would get up and go look for my horse.
I am real proud that I was able to program my mind to operate even in my sleep. Now I've got to think of something funny to say next time they have to put me under.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. If you want to get people's attention just say somethin' stupid. It has always worked for me. Whatchall been thinkin?
Leave me a comment or write me an email to bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to have you back, with or without your horse.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo