Wednesday, June 17, 2009

KEEP IT COVERED

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin.
This global warmin' has caused it to turn hot again just like it does every year at this time. I've lived long enough that it don't even surprise or alarm me anymore because it has always happened about this time of year and it will get worse before Fall gets here.
I am afraid there may be more danger to this Global Warmin' than we have even thought about though. I think it effects the mind. I ain't got one of the PHD's or a medical degree but I have been a student of human nature for over half a century.
When I was a youngun we used to go barefoot and wear cutoff bluejeans and no shirts as soon as it got warm enough and we didn't think much about it. (The girls wore Bermuda shorts and short sleeved blouses.) Back then grown folks wore a lot more clothes than us younguns cause it just seemed decent.
What makes me think this global warmin' is effectin' people's minds is that some of them same folks that I was runnin' around in the summer with wearin' only short sleeved britches are still runnin' around wearin' the same thing and some folks even older than us are doin' it. I ain't talkin' about just on the beach or out mowin' the yard.
When your legs look like you swapped bottoms with a blue jay and got beat out of the feathers it is time to cover up. When your six-pack abs turn into a keg it is time to cover up.
Ladies, when it looks like your hose are wrinkled and you ain't wearin' any it is time to cover up.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin', If we are goin' to teach our younguns not to walk around with their britches at half mast and their draws showin we might ought to set a better example.
Whatchall been thinkin'? Ya'll leave me a comment or send me an email to bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com. If ya'll think I've quit thinkin' and gone to meddlin' I would like to hear about that too.

3 comments:

  1. We should set the example but often don't.
    I didn't know pants could be displayed at half mast.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about half mast but you can sure see half of something.
    Bo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the truth is the truth, whether it's thinkin' or meddlin'. I ain't opposed to the laughing and pointing method myself.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo