Saturday, June 20, 2009

COMMUNICATION IN MARRIAGE (Repeat)

Communication in Marriage?
Pappy and Granny Lumpkin are getting on in years - they've been married for over 50 of them and they spend a lot of time on the porch just rocking.
Both of them are a little hard of hearing so they don't talk a whole lot while they rock.
One day they were sitting and rocking and Pappy stopped rocking and looked over at Granny, "You know," he said softly, "I'm right proud of you."


She just kept right on rocking and said, "I'm about tired of you too."


Maybe communication is overated in long term relationships.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinking.


Ya'll send me an e-mail at bo@bolumpkin.com



Leave Me a Comment

2 comments:

  1. oh I love this. David and I are happy as clams. He leaves for work and gently kisses me bye, so as not to wake me. He calls when her gets off to see if we need anything from either town. He sits with me 3 and 1/2 minutes and says how was your day sweetheart, I say fine how was yours, he says fine or long or busy. He asks what's for supper. I tell him something or nothing.

    He procedes to watch sci-fi in the living room, i watch food network in the bedroom. He comes through perodically and says "I love you sweetheart" and I say Well I love you too.

    He goes to sleep on the couch till I turn my tv and lights off and somewhere in the night he comes to bed. Sometimes we wake up coughing and one gets dimetapp and one gets robitussin.

    The end. An awesome relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo