Monday, September 29, 2008

WHAT YOU ARE WORTH

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
Boomer dropped by to see me the other day. I always enjoy Boomer's visits. I see the rest of his family occasionally but I usually ask Boomer how they are doing because I really enjoy hearing about them from his perspective, especially his brother Arlis who spends a lot of time either laying on the couch or on his bed.
"I saw your brother Arlis the other day and he's getting to be a big old boy," I said.
"Yes sir, I reckon he's almost six feet long by now," he answered seriously.
"Has he said anything about what he's going to do when he gets out of school?" I asked him.
"I'm not sure. I was askin' him about it the other day and it has kind of got me worried a little," he answered, "He told me he reckoned he'd get a job if he could find one that would pay him what he's worth."
"That don't sound so bad I said. Sounds like that might be the thing he should do if he ain't goin' to college." I said.
"Uncle Bo, If he gets a job payin' him what he's worth, he ain't never goin' to be able to make a livin' for himself."
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin', if a lot folks got paid what they are worth they would be starvin' to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo