Friday, September 5, 2008

HARD TO FIND

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

Boomer came by the other day. He said He's likin' the third grade pretty much but they have a lot of homework.
"My brain gets plumb tired from all that knowledge at school and when I get home it's just hard to keep it up." he said. "If they keep makin' me learn stuff all day and then at home I'm going to know a whole lot more than I want to."
You know, there are some things I have learned a whole lot more about than I wanted to know.
I asked him about his family and he gave me a pretty good run down on them all but the most interesting thing was about his brother Arlis. "Arlis is looking for a girlfriend and he said she has got to be pretty before she can be his girlfriend." he paused, "Thats probably going to be a problem."
I asked him, "Why is that? There are a lot of pretty girls around here."
"I know that," Arlis said, "But where is he going to find one that is pretty enough to suit him and dumb enough to like him?"
I reckon Arlis don't need to fret too much. I've known a lot of other men that found one like that.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo