Friday, September 19, 2008

STOP OR SLOW DOWN


Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
Sometimes we think little things don't really make a difference. Especially little things like speed limits and stop signs. That is unless you are one of Sheriff Rupert P. Rhondo's deputies. He is one of those men who are firm but fair. His cheif deputy, Dudley Dinkins is definitely a stickler for the laws and the rules of the road.
I hear a lot of things told on Dudley, the folks around here naturally call him Deputy Do Right, but I think some folks will stretch the truth a little. They say he stopped his own momma and gave her a ticket for speeding. That means he ain't near as scared of his momma as I was.
One of the best stories they told on him was about a car with out of state license that slowed down and rolled through a stop sign without coming to a complete stop. Dudley happened to be coming down the road and saw the whole thing. He pulled the man over and started writing him a ticket.
"What are you writing me a ticket for?" the driver asked
Dudley was real polite and said, "You didn't come to a complete stop at that stop sign."
The out of state driver said, "You are just a hick deputy, what difference does it make if I came to a complete stop. I slowed down didn't I."
They said old Dudley just smiled, snatched him out of the car and started hitting with his night stick. Still smiling he said, "Now do you want me to stop, or just slow down?"
I reckon if there is any truth to that story that the driver learned that there is a big difference between stopping and slowing down.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
Hey, Ya'll leave me a comment or send me an e-mail. If you want to watch my movies you can just click on the Movie Button in the upper right hand corner of the page. I hope to have some new movies and comic strips up and going soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo