Thursday, April 30, 2009

LEARNING NEW THINGS

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
When some folks want to learn somethin' they look it up on the internet, others use an encyclopedia, and I reckon those are good ways to find things out. As for me I usually just go down to the Grab Sum Grub and either sit and drink a cup of coffee or a YooHoo and listen. You can learn a lot of things from just sittin' listenin' to the regulars.
Lonzo was pickin' at one of the men who was goin' bald. He just had a fringe of hair around the edge of his head over his ears. Lonzo said, If you want to get rid of that bald spot you need to start rubbing the top of your head with green persimmon juice."
The balding man asked, "Will that cause you to grow hair?"
"Naw," Lonzo smiled, "But it will shrink your scalp and draw the hair on each side of your head up to the middle so they meet."
We all had a good laugh (but I never did take my hat off and I was wondering where I could find some green persimmons).
Lonzo and Maybelle have been doing some remodeling. He decided he was going to have some say so in the decorating and he went to the hardware store to pick out some wall paper.
"What color did you get?" one of the regulars asked.
"They wouldn't sell me none." Lonzo said. "They said that I would have to have a note from my wife for the wallpaper I had picked out."
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin', I wouldn't even dream of makin' decisions on decoratin' at my house. Whatchall been thinkin? Ya'll leave me a comment of send me an email to bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com and let me know.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been getting notification of comments that are being left. This is just a test to see if I get this notification.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting the comment on my site but I am not getting the email notifications of the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. somebody is thinkin' stuff that I don't know what is. What are ya'll talking about?

    Now back to the subject at hand. I wanted my living room green. David hates green so I told him to go pick out any green he wanted. He came with some green that might have been a good color on an easter egg. I said Might. Being a girl of my word, we painted the dang living room that color. Now when I choose a color he doesn't like I just say, "It is what I want." and that's what he gets.

    Remember he's a peach and I'm a green persimon.

    Now what were ya'll talking about?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo