Wednesday, April 8, 2009

AND THE WINNER IS

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
It's been days since the last NCAA basketball game on TV and Dee, that's R.E. Cline's wife, said he was beginning to come out of his trance and notice his surroundings a little and she wanted to know if I would drop by and visit with him for a little while so he wouldn't have withdrawal symptoms. She hoped it would get him through til something else comes on.
I stopped by to see old R.E. and believe it or not he was about as rational as he ever gets. We were talkin' about the lack of good TV programin' and he said that at least to him bad programin' was better than no TV at all. He said one of his pet peeves was all them awards shows where the big shots all get together and give each other trophies. There's Oscar, Emmy, Tony and Grammy to name a few. R.E. said the only one he figured really meant anything was the People's Choice Awards because that was one that the fans voted on.
I reckon he has a point on that. The discussion went on for awhile and R.E. suggested that I give awards to the different characters and I told him that would kind of be like givin' an award to myself if I did that. He said it would be nice to know which of the cartoons folks liked best and which of the characters in the stories were folks favorites and that sort of thing. I think old R.E. might be hopin' to win a Gator (that sounds like a good name for an award) for himself. What I finally thought about was lettin' ya'll think about it for a day or so while I get the categories worked out. When I do I could post them for a few days and then ya'll could email your votes or leave comments on which you liked best.
I don't know how it will all work out but at least I thought about it enough to fill up this page. I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. Whatchall been thinkin'? Leave me a comment or email me at bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com.

1 comment:

  1. well feeling good you don't have much time to think. but everyone is on face book and without thinkin' i signed up. Told a friend happy birthday and my daughter told me late in the evening to change my status. after much ado i figured happy birthday was my status. she said tomorrow it will be incorrect. Well first, I have no idea what tomorrow will be. 2nd the thang has the time and date(sorta) so i was thankin' people tomorrow would know I meant yesterday. Now since our correspondence, I been thinkin'...was she twittering me. If not what the heck is twittering. Please tell me I don't have to do it and email ain't gittin' obsolete.

    I'm startin' to think this thinkin' business is overrated. you do it and we'll just ponder what you been thinkin' about.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo