Thursday, March 26, 2009

HARD TIMES

Hi, Im Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

People have been fussin' and gripin' about the economy and how hard times are but Hollywood had a record year and the seats are still packed at over $100 per ticket for concerts and major sports events. They say that people need recreation and entertainment to get their minds off their troubles.
I remember when the farmers had a big crisis they had a big concert called Farm Aid and they have had big events to raise money for all sorts of disasters around the world.
What I've been thinkin' is that they could have a big sportin' event with all them CEO'S COO'S and all them other people whose job is an initial and if they made it interesting enough the public just might pay to see it. I think I would like to see all the highest executives in the Automobile industry take their best vehicles and have a demolition derby. At least it would let us know whose vehicle was best. I think a lot of people would pay to see that.
The biggest draw would be taking all them banking big wigs who got them bonuses and putting them all in a cage to fight it out. The last man standing would get to keep his bonus. I'd watch that on pay per view if I couldn't get there to see it in person.
This is kind of a fresh idea for me but I know some of you have been thinkin' too. If we've got a financial crises (and we shore enough do) then we are going to have to fix it. Congress has proved they don't know no more about finance than the investment companies.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. Whatchall think? Leave me a comment or write me an email to bo@bolumpkin.com or bolumpkin@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. I would pay to see that too. But there would be a need for another series for their underlings. Need to thin them down before they get to the next level and do damage to us rather than their vehicles.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. the people in Our Town USA, have just shut down two factories in the last 5 years where our men have worked all their lives. We don't have the time nor the money for high horses or BS. We need and are grateful for the jobs we have. In Dixieland where I was born, nobody told us you could buy a house you couldn't afford and the government would bail you out. We just have to work a little harder and a little longer. If indeed, our employer is selling to Iran, I guess that is better than Iraq selling to us. If our jobs don't work out we will move in together and make stone stew

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo