Friday, December 12, 2008

DID YA'LL NOTICE?

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
I've been thinkin' about how gas prices went up to nearly $4 a gallon. They are back down around $1.50 a gallon now. Don't get me wrong, I ain't complainin' about them goin' down. I was just wonderin' why all that stuff that went up because gas was so high is still up even thought gas prices have come down.
I understood that they would need to raise the prices in restaurants and in grocery stores because of high gas prices. I even understood why the gas company that delivers my propane added a $4 charge for delivering my propane(even though I am on a monthly route).
The thing I don't understand is why things are not going back down. I realize that the news media keeps telling us the economy is bad but if that is the case why are prices still as high as they were when the economy was good.
I reckon some things are just too complicated for a pore old ignorant country boy like me to understand. One thing I do understand though is that until they quit charging me to stop at my house and sell me propane I'm goin' to be usin' my electric heaters and if that gets too high I've got a lot of trees that could be turned into firewood. You don't have to have a degree in economics to fight back if you are hard headed enough.
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin', I reckon we have a little something to say about the economy by how we spend our money.
Ya'll leave me a comment or send me an email to bo@bolumpkin.com

1 comment:

  1. twinkle twinkle little star, how wonder what you are...I may wonder but it is what is is and I do what I can and leave the rest to God

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo