Monday, January 4, 2010

Makin' Any Money?

Elmer was mentioned in the first Hank The Handyman strip Job Hunting in September of 2009. He was Hank's helper. His quitting was Hank's reason for hiring Buster. You can check that out at http://bolumpkin.blogspot.com/2009/09/job-hunting.html .

Will Elmer succeed as a Handyman?
Since he doesn't understand the concept of profit and loss will Elmer wind up in a government job?
Does everyone's wife decide to vacuum right in the middle of football games?

9 comments:

  1. Reintroducing an old character to develop the storyline as well as hitting that gag point on. Great job Bo.

    Also yes, everybody's wife starts vaacuming right in the middle of all televised major sporting events. Wife Rule 184. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning as I go.

    Is there a copy of that rule book available to men?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No...its a metamorphosizing book. The rules are constantly changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not very good with 'the numbers', either. That's my bottom line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a baseball guy, so my wife can vacuum in the middle of football games if she wants, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Brogan, Does your wife vacuum during the middle of your baseball games. Be honest, would it really bother you if she did?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hhhmmmm...I'm not sure, Bo. Probably not as much as if I were a football fan. Baseball is on for 7 months straight. Football is like 19 games with playoffs? That's a high percentage of vacuum time right there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that! Who needs profits when you got customers? Sounds like my business ethic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo