Monday, January 11, 2010

500th Post




500th Strip

Hi y'all, I've been gettin' prepared for this posting.

I would have liked to have postponed it because it kind of snuck up on me. I won't be around today to respond to any comments because of a prior committment but I'll be back online tomorrow. Instead of drawing a bunch of new stuff I wanted to give everyone a look at the old characters. (Some of them didn't make today's strip so you will have to come back tomorrow for the 501st posting.

This has been a learning experience for me and I hope I have learned enough to make the next 500 better than the first.

I reckon I ought to give you a little play by play on the characters.
The first panel is me and Boomer. Boomer appears more in my writing than in my comics.

The second panel is R.E. and Dee Cline. R.E. is our resident couch potato and he came along sometimes last year during March Madness. He hasn't made many appearences lately but I am hoping to reintroduce him. Not only does he appear in comics but he also writes a guest column.

Aunt Edna kind of makes cameo appearances when there is a smart aleck remark that doesn't fit Mildred that well.

Mildred in the Morning has a dual role. She is Hank's sister and Buster's mother in the Hank The Handy Man Series. She is a recluse with the most negative attitude imaginable and she pretty much verbally abuses everyone, especially Buster.

Burt and Kurt are just like thousands of other men who congregate in public places and discuss the problems of the world.

Buster and the monkey Shirley, work for Hank The Handy Man. They usually appear on Monday and Wednesday but this week is a little different.

The Ladies are Gatorhead's resident Gossips and they talk about their husbands, neighbors, and anyone else that they think of.

The last panel is local legend Colonel Beauregard J. Southbound, Confederate Air Force, Retired. It that doesn't cause you to have some questions then you ain't thinkin'.

More will be revealed about the Col. and his history in the comics and in the articles of future posts.

Thanks for sharing my 500th post with me, (and it would be mighty helpful if you would share it with others). I hope to be back online tomorrow with another large strip featuring the characters that I left out today.
Bo

5 comments:

  1. "Mildred is also Buster's Uucle"? HAHAHAHA, how very modern of you, Bo (and of Mildred too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice job on the 500th, Bo! Love that last panel there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 500th post, Bo! You do good stuff and I love this extra-strength commemoration. Keep up the entertainment, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on one very impressive milestone, Mr. L! It's been a lot of fun stopping by to see what you're up too! Keep up the good work - I'm looking forward to the next 500!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the goof up on Mildred. I meant say she is Buster's mother.
    Thanks for the comments all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo