Sunday, May 24, 2009

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
This is Memorial Day Weekend. Today I hope you will be in church and I hope you take time to thank the Lord for your freedom and for the quality of life you enjoy.
That lifestyle which is greater than any that has ever been experienced in the history of the world is not something you should take for granted. Our Nation has been greatly blessed by God and we should be thankful.
Neither should we take our freedom lightly from the standpoint of what it cost us to remain free. Men have paid the ultimate price so we could have a society of freedom. They have fought the enemies of this country so that we could have the unique culture which exists here in the United States. Let us not ever forget them.
To all those who have served our country I want to take the opportunity to say thanks. To those who are still serving and in harm's way on foreign soil I want to assure you that my prayers are with you daily.
This country has not been kept free by the politicians or the special interests group but by brave men and women who were willing to make sacrifices for our freedom.
Tomorrow is Memorial Day. Let us remember.
Bo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo