Monday, January 12, 2009

News From Gatorhead I

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.
Sometimes interestin' things happen around Gatorhead but they just ain't long enough to make a full article out of. Some of them happen to characters that I haven't had the chance to make comics out of so I decided that every once in awhile it wouldn't hurt none to just throw in a few short tid-bits. I hope ya'll like 'em.
Clymenestra won first place in a beauty contest last week and had to give a thank you speech at the end of it. I especially liked the part where she said, "I really want to thank all the other girls in the contest for not being as pretty as I am."
One of the local farmers said he went to a church convention and all the preachers were discussing how to get people to church. He listened as they came up with all sorts of ideas and then he finally said, "I've found that when you put out good feed the cows always come up." I reckon that could be true with preachers too. If they put out good feed the spiritually hungry will certainly come for it.
Dude and Dub Gant got suspended from school for a week. They got caught cheatin'. The trouble was that they was cheatin' off each other. Neither of them knew the right answers and the teacher said it was obvious that no two people could have came up with the same ridiculous answers without copying. I don't think either of them ever had a notion that if they were goin't to cheat that they should copy off someone who was smarter than them.
I went to visit a friend in the hospital the other day and when I knocked on the door to his room he called out, "Friend or Enema." I'm kind of worried about him. When I asked how he was doing he said the doctor was examining him while the TV was on and said, "I wouldn't get interested in that if I was you."
My friend asked him why and he said, "It's continued."
I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. If ya'll know of any excitin' news be sure and share it with us. Ya'll can click on comments to leave a comment but it also lets you go in and read what comments other folks have left. Some of them are better than the stuff I write. If you see that someone has left a comment check it out and leave one yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I thank that teacher was just discriminatin' against stupidity. When we get the right President, I think there might be a lawsuit here. call 672-7000 for corey b. trott

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo