Wednesday, December 12, 2012

With Fringe Benefits

Hi, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

 I've been thinkin' about the economy just like everyone else. The jobless rate is terrible so I reckon it's good to have any kind of job.

 I was down at the Grab-Sum-Grub drinkin' a YooHoo when Leonard Gilmore came in. We hadn't seen each other in awhile so he sat down to chat and said he was on vacation. Leonard was one of them young folks who couldn't wait to get out of Gatorhead and head for the big city. He was really gonna set the world on fire but I reckon his matches was wet..

 When I asked him what he was on vacation from he said he was workin' for the city as a garbage collector. I don't look down on nobody's job as long as it's honest and moral so I asked him how it was going. He answered," Purty good I  reckon, he answered. "It pays 8 dollars an hour and all your can eat."

 I admit I was a little shocked at that answer until he continued," Yea, I was homeless until I got that that job and I learned a lot livin' on the streets."

 He then commenced to tell me about some of the other benefits of being a "Sanitation Engineer" that I hadn't ever thought about.

 Y'all come back  tomorrow for more insight into his new vocation.
 Be sure and share this with your friends. There is plenty of Gatorhead to go around for everybody.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really sure that's a benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, but there is more to come. I have three more posts in this series and they will post the next three days.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo