Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pork Prices

Hi I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

I was down at the Grab-Sum-Grub drinkin' a Yoo-Hoo and talkin' to the regulars that hang around there. While we were talkin' Bodie Qualls came in. Bodie raises pigs and younguns and he really ain't no professional at either one.

Lonzo spoke up and said, "I noticed that pork is cheap in the grocery stores. Does that mean the cost of pigs is down?"

Bodie said, "Yep, Pigs is real cheap right now. You can't git hardly nothin' for a killin' hog right now."

Somebody made the comment that it might be a good time to get out of the pig business. Bodie just smiled "Naw, I'm buyin' pigs now while they are cheap. I buy the little ones and by the time they get big the price will be up."

"Won't it cost you a lot to feed them and keep them up? "one man asked.

"Naw, just turn 'em loose and let em eat acorns until the price goes up."

We all reckoned that Bodie might be on to something that might make him some money for a change. When we asked him what he thought was drivin' prices down he just shrugged and said, " I reckon with all that pork they are handin' out in Washington that it's bound to drive prices down."

I'm Bo Lumpkin and that's what I've been thinkin'. I reckon old Bodie might have a point. Ya'll come back tomorrow and I'll tell ya'll the tale Bodie told as about the pig with the wooden leg.
Whatchall been thinkin'? Leave me a comment or write me an email to
bo@bolumpkin.com and tell me about it. I'll get back to you.

1 comment:

  1. Those congressmen, who don't have to make ends "meat", will be passing out more pork shortly. I think he's on the right track raising some pork now.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo