Friday, October 30, 2009

PIG WITH A WOODEN LEG

Hi y'all, I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.


I told y'all about runnin' into Bodie Qualls down at the Grab-Sum-Grub and him tellin' us about seeing a pig with a wooden leg. Here it is just like he told it.


"I wuz drivin' around lookin' fer pigs to buy and I drove by a house and saw a pig in the yard with a wooden leg. I jest had to stop and ask about it.


The feller that owned it didn't mind talking about it at all. As a matter of fact he seemed right prideful of that pig and couldn't say enough good about it. He told me all about the time the house caught fire and how that pig pulled his whole family who was overcome with smoke out of the fire and dragged them to safety. He went on in detail about how that pig killed a rattlesnake and saved his younguns from being bit. Then he told how the pig pulled him out of the way jest before a tree fell on him. I'm tellin' you I was gettin' right taken with that pig myself.


I couldn't hold my tongue no longer so I finally said," All that is something shore nuff but thet still don't explain the wooden leg."


He looked kind of sheepish and looked down as he shuffled his feet in the dust and he said, "Well, you jest don't eat a pig like that all at one time."


I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'. Whatchall been thinkin'? Write me an email or leave me a comment.
Sorry about bein' late postin.

1 comment:

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo