Thursday, November 19, 2009

LEARN A NEW LANGUAGE

Hi y'all I'm Bo Lumpkin and I've been thinkin'.

I don't reckon you get too old to try learnin' somethin' new and I'm always tryin' to improve my communication skills. Somebody suggested that I ought to learn a foreign language so I bought me an English Book.

This wasn't my first attempt at a foreign language. I took Latin in high school. As a matter of fact I took two years of Latin. That is if you count taking Latin I twice as two years. I didn't pass the second time either. Before I came along no one had ever failed Latin, twice, a record I think I still hold today in my old alma mater. (That's Latin)

About all I learned was that Latin truly was a dead language. I think that my teacher was possibly in on the assassination. The good part was that I might have been spared a career as a lawyer.

I did learn a few words though. I can say "Britania est equus" I think it means England is a horse.

I hope as I study English it will improve my writin' skills, help to find the answers to some deeply disturbing questions that I've had for a long time or is England really a horse? The most important thing that keeps me awake wondering is, what in the world is a gerund?

I'm Bo Limpkin and I've been thinkin'. Whatchall been thinkin'? Leave me a comment or send me an email to bo@bolumpkin.com.

3 comments:

  1. Liked it.
    I think our politicians must have all taken Latin. What they tell us bears no resemblance to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sweat it Bo, I've been to law school and they don't tell you want a gerund is there either. (PS - in Latin a "gerund" is the conjugation of a verb. For example, you added the gerund "ing" to the verb "learn" and made the word "learning". Bravo Bo! That lesson in Latin was brought to you by the gerund 'ing')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I like to use that Google translator thing to make it seem like I understand foreign languages ... but really ... I can barely understand how to use the translator!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I like feedback.
Bo